Quick tutorial on the basic steps of signing on to lexis.com®
Quick tutorial on searching basics for lexis.com®
7-minute video with navigation and customization tips.
Some additional information:
If you find that you need live, real-time help with LexisNexis tools and services you can connect with customer support: 1-800-543-6862.
Students and faculty may only use their LexisNexis Law School Educational ID for academic purposes. “Academic purposes” include, but are not limited to:
- class preparation and assignments
- research associated with moot court or law review/law journal
- research associated with pursuing a grant or scholarship
- service as a research assistant to a professor (either paid or unpaid)
- an unpaid internship, externship or clinic for school credit
- other purposes determined in the sole discretion of LexisNexis
“Academic purposes” do not include research conducted for a law firm, corporation or other entity that is paying the student/faculty to conduct said research or that is passing along the costs of said research to a third party. These are deemed “commercial purposes”.
Using LexisNexis Law School Educational IDs for commercial purposes risk forfeiture of ID, security investigation, and legal action to collect for unauthorized research costs.
Each LexisNexis ID may only be used by the authorized user to whom it is assigned and may not be shared with or used by any other person, including other authorized users. Those who have questions as to whether their proposed use of their LexisNexis Law School Educational ID is permitted under these guidelines can contact 1-800-45-LEXIS for further clarification.